Friday, May 7, 2010

Labour Day Weekend in Kuantan - Part 1

After our PD weekend, we decided to go to Kuantan for the Labour Day weekend. It was a day off for Rafiq on Friday so I decided to take a day off too. My SIL, Jan, agreed to join us too. Since Faiq’s first exam will be the following week, we decided to not make him ponteng and leave for Kuantan when he got back from school.

Rafiq has got a tennis game to attend to so I decided to treat myself to shopping. It was so good to be at Isetan when most people were working. It took me about 7 minutes to get to Mid Valley and most of the shops were closed. Bought ½ dozen of Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts for the trip and went to Isetan. I bought 3 blouses and a jeans. For the first since I had kids, I shopped for me and me alone. If not, I will always end up buying for them instead. But I did buy an Ultraman figurine for Faiq so that he will be occupied with it instead of disturbing Aira.

I got home at about 10.45 a.m., picked up my maid and Aira, went to my in-laws place to pick up Jan (and leave my maid there) and got back home at about 12.10 noon. Rafiq and Faiq were all set and ready to go. We left at about 12.30 noon and made a stop at UIA for Friday prayers. From UIA, it was a non-stop trip. Faiq asked the infamous “ARE WE THERE YET??” question about 10 times or so before dozing off to sleep. Luckily he slept almost throughout the trip and only got up as we were exiting Kuantan.


We went to Peramu to take-away karipap putar and Mok Naa’s fried food and arrived at almost 5 p.m. Rafiq and Faiq changed to swimming attire whilst Jan and I stayed in the room. Lachik came by the hotel and brought prawn fritters. He then left before picking us up again for dinner at Pak Su Restaurant in Beserah.

Pak Su is a seafood restaurant by the sea. Ros had recommended this restaurant but we never got the opportunity go everytime we visit Kuantan. I love the ambiance..having dinner under the full moon dengan angin sepoi-sepoi bahasa..it was very calming (but I forgot to bring my camera..DANG!!!). I saw 2 photos of the owner with Uncle Mat Saib, Zavina’s dad, during the days when he was the YDP of Majlis Perbandaran Kuantan. The food was ok, but the service was a bit slow. Aira was practicing her walking skills and didn’t want to be carried. We reached the hotel at about 10 p.m., watched a little bit of Twilight on HBO and called it a day!

No comments: