Monday, February 1, 2010

Hello Manila II

27 January 2010 - Manila Day 2

Woke up at 6 a.m. for Subuh prayers, continued with my beauty sleep and woke up again at 7 a.m. Got ready, ate breakfast in my room and made my way to Sunset Pavillion, where the East Asia Ministerial Conference will be held. The welcoming remarks was made by Undersecretary Mario Villaverde from the Philippines Department of Health. The opening ceremony was officiated by Hon. Noli de Castro, Vice President of the Philippines who gave a keynote address on Sustainable Sanitation. We were joined by representative from the Malaysian Embassy, Mr. Adli Abdullah. The session started at 10.30 a.m. with the presentation of Regional Status Report on Sanitation.


Vice President with the Heads of Delegation

The exhibition

After lunch, there were two more plenary discussion sessions before we broke up into 4 groups. I joined the second working group on Financing and Resource Mobilization, where my boss presented a paper on the Direction on the Water Services Industry in Malaysia. Manila and Mongolia seems to be interested in our country's water industry financial model. After the break up session, I went back to my room.


Too lazy to join the cocktail but went down for dinner. I ate grilled salmon, grilled prawn, corn on the cob, steamed veggie, fresh fruits and sushi. We were entertained by cultural shows. The first was a band which played angklung followed by cultural dances. Some of the dances were similar to the Bajau and Malay dance. One Mindanao dance was called Kepulangan. This is why we are serumpun, I guess. We left when they started asking people to join in the dance.
  








Am now watching E! News. Good night, Manila!

No comments: