Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Gong Xi Fa Cai PD

After our CH getaway, I decided to organise another getaway for my family. We decided on PD as it was near and it so happened there's a one night availibility at Rumah Penginapan Persekutuan Tanjung Tuan (@ The Regency).

My dad had declined much earlier, saying that he tires easily, even though we tried to persuade him. As discussed on Saturday, we will all meet up there. My SIL, Eyda will travel from Melaka, my mom, my elder brother, my younger brother, my sisters and Aunty Leela will all push off from DU, whilst we, from AD. We left the house at about 12.15 noon, bought some stuffs for the trip and made our way to PD. We decided to try the LEKAS highway, for fear of experiencing heavy traffic on the PLUS Highway. It was very convenient for us as we get to go via Sungai Long. Other than less traffic, it was also cheaper. I'd strongly recommend it, the only disadvantage to me is that you have to pass through Seremban town, which is fine if there is no traffic.

The Regency, Tanjung Tuan

We were the first to arrive at The Regency at about 2 p.m. Eyda arrived 1/2 hour later, and we feasted on the nasi lemak lunch she cooked for us while waiting for the rest. My mom and other siblings arrived at nearly 4 p.m. as they started their journey after Zuhur prayers and they experienced heavy traffic along the PLUS Highway. I think the apartment was just nice for all of us (10 adults and 5 children). There were 3 rooms, the master bedroom comes with a queen bed and a bathroom, whilst the two other room come with a single bed and a pull-out bed. The hall can fit a sleeping family of 4 and 3 maids. After settling in, it was beach time for all of us.

There were loads of people at the beach due to the long weekend. Aira was still afraid of water, which surprised me as she loves her bath time. I'm not sure if it's the sands that irritates her or the sound of waves that intimidates her but she will cry when I put her down. She will be quiet when she clings on me. Faiq, Feera and Is enjoy tak hengat! Ilham seems to like the beach. The adults yang betul-betul mandi laut were me, Rafiq and my elder brother. The rest sekadar main-main air. Yang paling kelakar was when Aira tertidur dibuai ombak. She pratically fell asleep in the float! Patutlah sebelum tu nampak khayal semacam je.







We were out of the waters before Maghrib. Initially we planned to have a seafood dinner but since we anticipated a large crowd at eateries, we decided to take-away KFC. Alhamdulillah, there were not many people there so we didn't have to wait that long for our barrel.

We ate dinner and lepak at the hall and watched Slumdog Millionaire whilst the kids ran about, jumped and screamed. Aira was asleep by 9.30 p.m. and was oblivious to the noise. She didn't even wake up during 2 fireworks display, one at about 10.30 p.m., and the other close to midnight.

Today, we woke up for Subuh prayers and fried burgers and hotdogs for breakfast. When Faiq didn't wake up at 8 a.m., we woke him up but he only woke up at about 8.45 a.m. I wished he woke up earlier coz it would be nice to be at the beach when it's not that hot. Feera and Is joined us later. Today, my sisters, and even my mom mandi laut. My mom seemed happy to be able to play with her grandchildren. She said she couldn't remember when was the last time she mandi laut! Faiq's swimming technics have improved and he seemed to be more confident in the water, aided by a kickboard.

We got out of the waters at about 10.30 as we needed to check out by 12 noon. We packed and left PD at 12.16 noon. Since my brother had planned to go back to Melaka, we sent my sisters back to D.U before driving to Kajang for lunch.

All of us were dead tired from the trip and took an evening nap! We had an enjoyable time and are really looking forward to our next family.

Sapa nak organize, angkat tangan??!

No comments: