Thursday, December 31, 2009

Reflection of 2009

2010 is only minutes away, and as usual, the reflection of 2009.


Honestly, 2009 came and went in a breeze. I realised that it was a very fast paced year. Is the clock ticking faster? All I know is that suddenly half the year has passed, all the long weekends that we were looking forward to has ended, Aidilfitri and AidilAdha was celebrated and now the year has come to an end.

January: Alhamdulillah, we were blessed with the presence of Aira in our life. She was born 16 days early, which was expected. And it was my first time experiencing birth through c-sect. If you asked me, personally I would go for c-sect. It was all about adapting to a new life, an additional member of the family. Mak stayed at AD throughout my confinement and for that, I am thankful. Confinement was spent quarelling with Faiq (as he too was adapting to having a little sister), watching tv and catching up on all the series I loved (Grey's Anatomy, THAT 70's SHOW, The Ellen Show). I also got the opportunity to watch the inauguration of President Barrack Hussein Obama which was very historical indeed and American Idol 8 right from the audition till the end. It was priceless and I don't think I will ever get that chance again, unless I have another baby..hehehe!

February: Still in confinement. Very much a potato couch, lazing in front of the tv. I think I was spoiled because I had a very good maid. Hubby went to UK for a work trip (GRRRRRR!) We also hosted an aqiqah for Aira at AD which went well, alhamdulillah.

March: Dreading to go back to work. Worst still, I had to go for a course in Johor 2 days after I started working. Tension sebab kena tinggalkan Aira who just turned 2 months old..huhuhu! Faiq was also hospitalised for viral fever, and later in the month, alhamdulillah I got a promotion. My friend, Hani gave birth to Hasya Arya :o) Sheikh's wife, Oly, gave birth to Sofea Airis Khalisah.

April: Hubby participated in Kapas Marang Swimathon for the first time. Started working in new office. A different experience altogether. All I can say is the grass is not necessary greener on the other side. We had our first Sisters' Day Out, watching Confession of a Shopaholic. And then, the whole Khan clan (including my mom and my maid, so there was about 20 of us) suffered from eye infection, caused by B-Haemolytic Streptococcus bacteria. It was really bad. Faiq and Aira was hospitalised for it. The birth of My Life Is An Open Book.

May: First family trip with Aira to Kuantan. Kris Allen was crowned the 8th American Idol. I really though it was going to be Adam Lambert! Hubby participated in 1st running competition. Long working hours in the office! My friend, Iza gave birth to Iffat Sidqi :o)

June: New addition to the family with the birth of Ilham Muneerah, my niece and my parents 5th grandchild. Rafiq participated in Xterra competition in Kuantan (got him on tv..hehe), Went to Singapore on a work trip, Michael jackson died.

July: Witnessed Rafiq in action and completing the PD International Triathlon for the first time (even though it was his 4th competition)!, childhood friend Haziqah, gave birth to Muhammad Ariiq Irfan, took leave to watch Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2nd time doing it..hehe), my friend, Mariesa, gave birth to Raja Xander Mikhail, celebrated our 5th year as Mr. Yong & Mrs. Rafiq :o)

August: My friends Julie & Amy menamatkan zaman dara mereka (hehehe), Faiq celebrated his 4th birthday with a high fever (Alhamdulillah it wasn't AH1N1), my good friend, Raz, gave birth to Alya Batrisya who shares the same birthday with Faiq. Another friend, Eppa, also delivered Maryam Husna in August.
 
September: I did a lot of travelling this month. To Miri, to Labuan. Home-cooked buka puasa most of the time, thanks to having a maid, hubby purchased his dream car.
 
October: Got the opportunity to watch a tennis tournament LIVE (Malaysian Open), hubby lost his laptop, Hasfaradi tied the knot, my friend Belle gave birth to Natalie, Aunty Leela underwent surgery, I turned 32.
 
November: Participated in Terry Fox Run 2009, Zalia gave birth to Harez Rayyan, Zaty menamatkan zaman dara, Liza gave birth to Aisyah Ardini, career crisis/dilemma.
 
December: Long, blissful holiday which includes family trip to Penang and watching 3 movies, Zureen gave birth to Khairy, the sudden demise of Shima's father, Faiq's last day at Teratak Comel Bestari.
 
All in all, I think it was a pretty good year, alhamdulillah rezeki bertambah. My wish for 2010? I hope it will be a better year in every aspects for me and my family, insya-Allah.
 
Happy New Year 2010!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It will be great to watch US Open Tennis Championship Session 20,i have bought tickets from http://ticketfront.com/event/US_Open_Tennis_Championship_Session_20-tickets looking forward to it.