Thursday, December 31, 2009

Farewell Teratak Comel Bestari

Today is Faiq's last day at Teratak Comel Bestari. Faiq has been a student of the nursery since he was 10 months old. We stopped sending him when we got a maid, and then had to continue sending him there when my mother in-law suffered from a mild stroke 2 years ago.

I sent Faiq this morning, his last day at "school", as Faiq calls it. I felt a pang of sadness as the nursery had become a big part of Faiq's life. It was a place where I entrusted my son, a place where Faiq grew up and developed his social skills. It was a place which becomes his playground and where a bulk of his stories come from. I have come to know his friends (Hana, Qaisara, Asyraf@Acap bin Kicap, Aqil, Jiah, Casper, Malissa, Aliff, Amna, Ammar and loads more) and those who are dear to him.

Alhamdulillah, after spending 2 years there, Faiq knows his ABC (he only recognised certain alphabets though), able to count from 1-10, recite 3-4 doas, recite al-Fatihah and 3 Quls and sing many songs. Instead of saying, "TEPILAH!", he now says "Excuse Me".

I am truly indebted to Kak Ratna and the many caretakers who taught and took care of Faiq (the ones I remembered were Nor, Nadia, Shima, Ain, Kak Long, Fatin, Ina & Wani), those who took over my responsibility for 3/4 of the day, 5 times a week. I can never repay you for all your kindness. THANK YOU!



No comments: