Saturday, October 24, 2009

Syawal Stories - Part II

My husband and I took the whole first Syawal week off to enable us to do as much visiting as possible.


2nd Syawal was spent at D.U, as we anticipate that there will be more of my mom's relatives coming to visit my grandmother.


We started our house-to-house visits on 3rd Syawal. We covered the area of Kajang and Jalan Gurney, consisting of 5 houses. On 4th Syawal, we went to PJ, Klang and USJ. We were supposed to cover 7 houses but only managed to go to 4 as my aunt, my sister in-law's parents and my mom's cousin were doing their raya visiting as well.














Since there was no plans to do any visiting on 5th Syawal, we decided to beraya in Aquaria (which I will talk about in a separate post).


Rafiq was supposed to go to work on Friday. He said he actually applied for a last minute leave so he didn't know if the leave had been approved. But thinking that the office will be empty anyway, he decided to stay at home. Since we didn't have any plans that day, I told Rafiq that I wanted to get some stamps and go shopping. I also had some batik materials which I have not sent for tailoring and I planned to send them at Medan Mara. So the obvious choice for a shopping spree after getting the stamps was Sogo. I left AD at about 10. As people were still on holiday, there was no traffic and I arrived at the Pejabat Pos Besar in 20 minutes. It was bliss. I went straight to the Philatelic Counter and looked at the stamps series which I've missed. There are so many beautiful stamps that I ended up paying RM35 for them. There were not many people yet when I arrived so I took my own sweet time. I had also planned to go to Robinsons but at 11.30 a.m., Rafiq called and told me that his friends (PWC alumni) who came back from UK and Rotterdam planned to visit us at lunch time. I think it was God's way of stopping me from spending all my money!


I arrived at AD at about 12.30 noon. Rafiq had ordered pizza, knowing that I wouldn't have the time to prepare anything. Shortly after that, Amran arrived. Zam and his family arrived from Seremban after Rafiq and Amran left for Friday prayers. It was good to catch up with them and they stayed on until almost 4 p.m. Amran and Zam had both left for UK and Rotterdam respectively on the second week of Syawal.





Meriah nyer Syawalku!

1 comment:

thewisekid said...

send my salam to your parents, yeah.

good to 'see' them, after so long.