Friday, October 23, 2009

Syawal Stories - Part I


I realised that I have not posted any Syawal stories. First, there was no mood and time to do so, and the hubby's computer was stolen and most of the photos were in it! I am kinda upset as my external hard drive rosak and I couldn't transfer the files anywhere. Thank God, I've posted most of the photos on FB so at least there's something there!

Waiting for Mama to get ready



Syawal morning was spent at Khan's Mahal. We left AD at about 7.30 a.m. so that we need not rush to go for Eid prayers which starts at 8.30 a.m. They left the house at about 8.20 a.m. whilst those who stayed set up the table. My nephews, Imran and Adam, is big enough to follow the adults to the mosque, so the house was left with 9 Little Khans. The 3 stooges (Asif, Mu'az & Faiq) teamed up with Akif and played like there's no tomorrow. Sabrina took care of the younger Khan Girls (Akisha & Aira) and the two baby Khans (Naufal & Irsyad).




The Khan Boys
L-R: Asif, Mu'az, Naufal, Irsyad, Faiq & Akif


The Khan Girls

L-R: Nur Sabrina, Syamima Aira & Akisha



Brothers Imran Danial & Irfan Adam,
who just came back from the mosque


When they returned from the mosque, we will all gather at the living room, bersalam-salaman and listen to Papa's khutbah Hari Raya. Mak Long was also there, her second raya at Khan's Mahal. Papa talked about his observations of the family from last Syawal, his hopes for the family and then he would nominate one of his children to speak. This year, it was hubby's turn. He, as usual will speak his ayat-ayat politik and then it was makan time!



The usual menu for Syawal is nasi dagang, kuah ikan tongkol & ayam, ketupat with sambal ikan, kuah kacang, rendang (including rendang ayam pencen, as requested by hubby), teh tarik and teh o.



After breakfast, Mama will ask all the menantus to pack the nasi dagang for our parents. In between, there be hundreds of Syawal moments captured. But these are my favourites =)


My family Potrait


Goofing around with Jan & Kak Tine



We left for our parents house at about 11.30 a.m. Lala and his family left for Bota, Lachik and his family left for Kepong, Cheychey and his family off to Setapak and Rafiq left for D.U. Papa, Mama, Mak Long, Jan and Dik decided to visit Papa's relatives in Melaka.



We arrived at D.U at about 12 noon. We arrived at the same time with my grandmother and 2 uncles. My younger brother arrived at about 1 p.m. My elder brother beraya at Melaka, his wife's side. The menu at my parents house will be ketupat with rendang ayam and daging, kuah kacang, lemang, kari ayam and bread. We ate and performed Zuhur prayers as we will be busy once the guests arrived. At about 3 p.m., guests started visiting. My sisters, aunty Leela and my maid were busy refilling food, kuih raya, cakes, fruits, making drinks and washing dishes. Most of the visitors are my mom's cousin, who came to visit my grandmother. My parents 2 besans i.e my in-laws and my brother's in-laws and the next door neighbour also came. Up till 9 p.m., there were about 10 families who visited us on 1st Syawal.



My sisters with their nieces, Ilham Muneerah & Syamima Aira




Ina, Ilham & G



Some of the visitors

Will continue with more Syawal stories in my next entry.

2 comments:

ja amran said...

where's big bro?

Nuraizah@Yong said...

Big bro beraya kat wifey's side daa!