Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Diwali 2009

Ever since Diwali falls after Syawal, it is compulsory to visit aunty Leela and her family at their house in Melaka. Aunty Leela had worked with my family ever since my mom was pregnant with my younger sister. This year marked the 25th year of her rendering her services to my parents household. We have always considered her as a family member.


Amy and Dhirah arrived at AD at about 9 a.m. and we made our way to Melaka at about 9.30 p.m. The journey to Melaka took us about 1 1/2 hours and we were the first guests to arrive at 11 a.m. We feasted on home made tosai, putu mayam, idli, chicken and mutton curry, brinjal yoghurt salad and murukus! Everything was yummy. My elder brother and his family arrived at about 12.15 noon. My younger brother and his wife unfortunately had to work that day so the crowd was not complete. Nevertheless, the presence of aunty Leela's "4 children and grandchildren" was enough to bring joy to Aunty Leela!












We had to leave at about 1 p.m. as we had Lala's open house cum Sabrina's birthday party to attend at 2 p.m. We bade Aunty Leela goodbye and wished her all the best for her operation the following week. FYI, she had to undergo an operation to repair her uterus walls. I found out from my sisters that her operation took half a day and she developed a fever which lasted for a few days. She was recently discharged from the hospital and is now resting at home. Get well soon, Aunty Leela! We miss you!

No comments: