Thursday, July 9, 2009

Songs That Reminds Me of People - Part I

There are a few song, when heard on the radio, will remind me of my friends.

1. Tommy Page's I'll Be Your Everything - Arin Yaacob
Coz she was (maybe still is) a die hard fan of Tommy Page

2. Tommy Page's Turning Me On - Cindy Gan, Sylvia May Singam & Meera Visvanathan
On the videoclip, Tommy Page clapped to the chorus' tune. So the abovementioned people and I created our own "Tepuk Tommy" during Prefect Camp (as opposed to the tepuk komando/ tepuk nyamuk and the likes. It was very hilarious and we had a good laugh about it!

3. Peabo Bryson's If Ever You're In My Arms Again - Mala Ahmad
The soap opera Santa Barbara was such a hit during my secondary school years so we matched the characters of the show to some of our schoolmates. Mala was Joe.

4. Beauty and the Beast - Ja Amran
Her "theme song" back in Form 3 when she probably had her first crush during Pertandingan Drama Anti Dadah.

5. Frante's Bizzare Love Triangle - Fatim Hana Roslan
She loved Frante and she was the one who introduced me to this song

6. Innuendo's Belaian Jiwa - Dang Merduwati Abd. Razak
She was responsible for introducing Innuendo to me. I remembered that Belaian Jiwa was our study group theme song when we were studying for the A-Levels exams

7. Noorkumalasari's Mata & Di Sini - Dina Amran
She amused me with Noorkumalasari's dance steps to the songs. I kept asking her to demonstrate it over and over again. It was hilarious!

8. Gin Blossom's Till I Hear It From You and You and Me Song (OST Romeo & Juliet) - Iderk
Because these songs were her frequently played songs in our room, 3019 in KYPMKL

9. Anything from Michael Learns To Rock - Nazrah
Coz she was my room mate who was a huge fan of MLTR.

10. Seal's Kiss From A Rose - Ainun Madihah Ahmad
We had a lecturer, En. Yahya who taught us Kenegaraan and he asked us to call him Pak Yahya. So there was a time when we were waiting for him, Ainun sang, "Payaya ya ya ya ya ya ya..." like in Kiss From A Rose.

11. Monica's Angel of Mine/ Misha Omar's Bunga-bunga Cinta - Raz Raslan
Raz is "fond" (NOT!) of our Land Law lecturer. There was a time when En. Y looked our way while we were busy with our silly note-chats, and I think I wrote to her, "I look at you, looking at me.." She nearly threw up! Hahaha!

My jaw dropped when I heard Raz sang Bunga-Bunga Cinta in our first karaoke session together with Leeya, Jan and Abang Fiq (pada ketika itu).

12. Gabriel's Out of Reach - Leeya "Bayieng" Sani
This was in Bridget Jones Diary's soundtrack and we had a girls' day out watching the movie and drooling (and fighting over) Colin Firth.

13. Matchbox 20's If You're Gone - Jan Khan
This song was famous when we just started our ADIL I. It was my favourite song at that moment. I didn't knew Jan well at the time but I heard her singing it, and somehow knew that we were going to be good friends!

14. Madonna's Tell Me/ Train's Drops of Jupiter - Sujairi "Sujack" Abdullah
Hahaha! I'm sure this will have a eye-brow frowning effect from some of my blog followers! I think Tell Me reminded me of him coz he did the cowboy dance as per the videoclip in class. Drops of Jupiter was simply because we were in the same firm during ADIL and he sang that song dengan penuh semangat especially the "drops of Jupiter in your hair, ey, ey, ey!" part.

And last but not least...

15. Robbie Williams' Better Man, Westlife's Flying Without Wing and Ronan Keating's When You Say Nothing At All - Rafiq Khan
CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! He sang those songs when we went for our first karaoke session (See 11) (Not only those songs memandangkan dia agak gila mic). At that time he was just Jan's brother who wanted to tag along for our karaoke session..hehehe! Then the sms(es) started..but that of course, is another story!

7 comments:

Anynomous Fan said...

12. Gabriel's Out of Reach - Leeya "Bayieng" Sani
This was in Bridget Jones Diary's soundtrack and we had a girls' day out watching the movie and drooling (and fighting over) Colin Firth.

--hahahahahah my anthem for unrequitted love. and btw...mr darcy is MINE!!!!!!!!1

ja amran said...

OMG!!! u remembered! hahahah

this is a nice post cos i've been thinking of the same thing, i mean... people say 'time heals...' but does feelings related to time? cos no matter when, bila kita come across certain songs, feelings tu datang hahahhah (jiwang lak!!!)

DheE said...

no 15 - abg iparku yg jiwang karat ;).

Nuraizah@Yong said...

Leeya: My anthem for unrequited love too. Cuma malas nak cakap jer!
Btw, Mr. Rajes is YOURS but COLIN FIRTH is MINE!

Ja: Glad u liked the post. Jangan arr terlebey jiwang beb!

Dhee: Abg ipar lu mmg jiwang karat dowh!

Miss J said...

HAHAHAHAHA CHEEZYYYYYYYYYYY TO THE MAXXX!!!!! tapi i think you should add "unwell" gak kot sebab lagu tu abg fiq tanya aku camne nak sambung masa ko tengah "bunga2 cinta" ngan dia thru sms tu!! hahahahahaha masa tu i was like, who are you smsing with?? YONG ek?? jeng jeng!! kantoi! hahahah

Arin said...

huahahaha...aku still wondering..adakah rupa tommy page sama cam dulu??

ja amran said...

mana ada karat... HAHHAHA....

hi arin! lama tak nampak...