Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Of Calvin and Hobbes


My friend Rose, was texting me about her desire to go on a shopping spree. She managed to behave herself yesterday, leaving the shopping mall without making a purchase so she decided to balas dendam today. I told her to go window shopping as it builds character. That advice, the build character part, came from Calvin's dad. And I was reminded of Calvin and Hobbes.


The genius work of Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes remains as my favourite comic strip. I love his sarcasm and wittiness especially when he fights with Susie. And the way Susie got back at him. But most importantly, the potrayal of his imagination, bringing Hobbes, his stuffed tiger to life as his best friend and experiencing so many adventures with him. Not forgetting his alien-related imagination.

With Susie







Best of friends



I was so in love with Calvin and Hobbes that I named one of my cats Hobbes. Hobbes died of an illness a few years back. Now I miss Hobbsy!



1 comment:

ja amran said...

yong, still remember we shared our fondness towards this crazy fella hahahha!!! aku rasa anak aku pun inherited few of his traits (hancusss... hahahha)