Thursday, May 28, 2009

Why?

Today, I read in sadness the news of the boy who was a victim of child abuse. Why does it have to happen? He is just a 5 year old child, who loves his mother unconditionally. He is probably too young to feel hatred towards the woman who beats him with a big cane.


I wonder, how does she sleep at night after she abused him? Does she enjoy listening to his screams of pain and agony? He was probably begging for her not to beat him whilst promising not to be naughty ever and never make her angry again. Did she experience utmost satisfaction when she saw blood trickling from his small helpless mouth?


Whatever her problem was, it was no excuse to abuse him. She was probably of unsound mind, I don't know. Whatever it is, I hope he is in good hands now. I hope he will be taken good care of. I don't know if he will ever live normally, I hope he will forget. I hope he will not end up like her.

No comments: