Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Last Thursday before Mother's Day, my sister texted me and suggested that we do a surprise Mother's Day celebration for my mother. The plan was for all the female siblings and sisters in-law to prepare a meal..a pot-luck concept. I agreed as Saturdays happen to be my "D.U day" and I was going to go there anyway for a bacaan Yaasin khas for my sister in-law, whose baby is in a breech position. Alhamdulillah, many people attended the Yaasin Khas, which was held at Madrasah An-Nur Kota Damansara, and offered prayers for Ina.

The event ended at about 12.30 noon and I was all set to cook a meal. At that time, my mother still doesn't know what we had planned. We had even called our grandmother to come over and join the celebration. Since my cooking skill is not that great, I decided to try a recipe from my Low Carb Cook Book so that my hubby will eat them and to avoid me from giving cold-shoulder treatment if he doesn't eat my food..hehee. So my meal was Summer Chicken and Mushroom Pasta which was kinda had no taste coz I didn't put that much salt. My sister in-law made pizza. My sisters were supposed to make their famous trifle but due to time constraint, they made fruit salad instead.

My SIL Eyda with Feera, Aira & Faiq


Bon Appetite

Since it was also a few days before my brother's 34th birthday, we decided to buy a cake to give the opportunity to Faiq to blow out candles.



The four of us
On the following day, I celebrated Mother's Day with my in-laws family. We decided to go out for lunch at Penang Village in Alamanda. Everyone in the family was there except abg Sher's family because he had to attend a course.
US again :o)

With my SIL, Jan and my MIL

The Band of Brothers with their cousin, Jemi

My niece, Sabrina and her mother, Kak Liza

Jemi, Feroz, Rafiq & Papa

After lunch, my husband decided to watch Star Trek so we went with Jan, Dik and Jemi. Jan and Jemi had actually watched it the previous day but Jan said it was damn good, she didn't mind watching it again. I am not a Trekkie but I loved it because of the humour elements in the movie. And it was only then that I found out the reason behind Abang Sher's blog title..hehehe.

Long live and prosper
I had a wonderful time and I hope all you mommies out there had a blast too. Having said that, it doesn't mean that we only show our appreciation to our mothers on Mother's Day only. To me, everyday is a different kind of celebration. It could be watching your child's first smile, hearing his first words, hearing them say "I Love You" and getting a hug from them.
To Mak, thank you for your unconditional love, for all you've done for me and my family. I am where I am now because of you.

1 comment:

Miss J said...

i loike the piccahs! hehehe