Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Prayers Are With You

It was just yesterday when I received a text message from my ex-colleague, Iza informing me that she has safely delivered a baby boy. Her baby may be a day old but he has to undergo an operation tonight to repair his esophagus tract. From Iza's explanation, he may be born with a birth defect known as Esophageal Atresia where the esophagus does not connect to the stomach. Thus, liquid that he swallows cannot pass normally through the esophagus to reach the stomach. It happens to one in 3,000 babies in the U.S.
My prayers are for Iza and her family, for she and her husband to be strong in facing this ordeal. I simply cannot imagine what she is feeling at the moment. And my prayers also go out to their little angel, for a smooth op and a speedy recovery, insya-Allah.
Please pray for them too, ok?

No comments: