Monday, April 20, 2009

Changing Base


This place has been my base for the past 4 years and 4 months. My first posting in the civil service with 8 others at that time. When I pledged that I will "BERKHIDMAT UNTUK NEGARA", this was where it all began. Where my first official letter and minutes of meeting were written, the first draft of kertas makluman and kertas cadangan were made, amended and approved up to a point where there was minimal or no amendments at all, protocols were adhered to, where I had my first trip to Labuan and had the opportunity to go to surrounding islands, where new friends are made and breakfast at the cafe is a ritual. No doubt I had a love-hate relationship with it but most of my experience were good ones as I have been blessed with good bosses.


My door

On 15 April 2009, I said goodbye to my first base to serve at another ministry. I had mixed feelings of course. At one hand, sooner or later, a transfer is inevitable. You will not stay in the same ministry throughout your service. And a change would do me good. But on another hand, there's an emotional attachment..the complacent feeling, the friends I'll miss. I will no longer hear Fariz's 'laser' comments. No more breakfast and daily gossips with my buddies. No more daily 'spill-merepek-thoughts' to my boss.



My room




But life goes on. As I stepped out of the building last Wednesday, I thought of the learning process I've gone through, the people I got to know and love (or hate) and the experience I've gained. I know that this ministry will always have a special place in my heart!

Friends




No comments: