Sunday, October 24, 2010

Hari Raya and Lantern Festival Celebration at Bintang Damai Kindergarten

Bintang Damai Kindergarten organised a Hari Raya and Lantern Festival celebration on 24 September 2010. Parents were welcomed to bring/donate food so I cooked fried macaroni for the kids. Faiq wore his baju Melayu and since I didn't attend the celebration (it was held on Friday morning) and I sent Faiq quite early, I only got to take a photo of Faiq and Harez.


Later that night, the kids gather again for the Lantern Festival. It was supposed to start at 8 p.m. but working parents arrived after 8.15 p.m. We had some snacks before the teachers requested the children to line up and light their lanterns. I was amazed that there are now battery operated lanterns. Ahhh..the victim of modern technology. I heard Faiq conversing in English with his classmates. Faiq lined up beside Rikshen, and I heard the cutest conversation:

Rikshen: Faiq, you hold my hand so you are my bestfriend.
Faiq: You are my bestfriend too.



As we were about to walk, it started drizzling so what is supposed to be a walk around the taman ended up as a walk around the padang. It started raining very heavily when we finished walking so the teachers had to cancel some activities. We went in the school to allow the children to play before leaving at about 9 p.m.





I had a great time and I bet the other parents and especially the children enjoyed themselves too!

2 comments:

ja amran said...

wahhh siap pusing2 kampung bawak lampu tu...hahhaha best giler!

Nuraizah@Yong said...

Sepatutnya pusing satu kampung tapi sebab hujan..kira pusing satu blok saja...