Monday, August 23, 2010

Hungry Ghost Festival

As I watched burning incense and joss papers, my memory box did a blast from the past.

It happened 7 years ago.

I was involved in an accident and had to commute to work with LRT. My LRT stop was Taman Bahagia. I don't know about the service now but back then, if you miss the bus, it may take an hour till the next bus arrives. There were burning incense and joss papers as it was the Hungry Ghost Festival.

To kill the boredom, I decided to text Jan's brother, whom recently followed us to our karaoke session.

He asked me if I wasn't afraid to go home late at night (it was about 9 p.m.) during the Hungry Ghost Festival, and my answer went along the line of, "takde makna nyer..."

I dunno how it started but suddenly all our text messages consists of song titles. One song I remember was Matchbox 20's Unwell coz we still get teased by Jan about that.

That was probably the beginning of our relationship, back then..7 years ago!

2 comments:

Rafiq said...

A ghostly way of getting hitched by charmed for the rest of my life...

Love ya darling...

Nuraizah@Yong said...

Cheeezzzzyyyyyy!!!

Love you too! Muahhhhs!