Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Penang Story Part IV

The last day in Penang was spent sending Pau and his family off to work from their house...hehehe!

Faiq woke up quite early that day because he wet himself (nasib baik tido atas tilam jer), Aira, as usual, was up when I woke up for Subuh prayers.

We sat at the Pau's balcony, enjoying the morning, whilst planning our journey. I ate my tapau-ed Kuey Teow Gagak. We left Pau's house at about 8.30 a.m. Went to look for breakfast in USM's cafe but there was nothing interesting so we ended up going to Pasar Taman Tun Sardon. Pau has definitely given us the wrong info when he said that most of the shops are closed on weekdays. Business was as usual, baby! We had murtabak, roti canai and anotther dose of CKT for breakfast. I was dissapointed because serabai was sold out!







Next on the agenda was shopping at Bazaar Chowrasta. It was bustling with people as it was the school holidays. Finding a parking space was not an easy task. Shopping didn't take that long as we already knew what to buy - belacan for our moms, buah salak for my MIL, buah pala for my aunt, mixed jeruk for D.U. Then we bought Ultraman and Optimus Prime pyjamas for Faiq at the shops along Chowrasta before stopping by a nearby lane for TeoChew cendol! It was marvellous! Before we left for the jetty, we tapau-ed nasi kandar for lunch.



The last time I was on the Penang ferry was probably when I was 4-5 years old so I had no recollection of the experience. I think I was as jakun as Faiq when our car entered the ferry. Alhamdulillah, Faiq managed to stay still despite some merajuk drama. Aira slept peacefully throughout the journey.





All of us had indeed enjoyed our getaway! We hope to visit Penang again and again and again :o)



-THE END-

2 comments:

ja amran said...

aku rasa ko leh jadi unofficial tourist guide for anybody going to penang.... and you also make the food look sooooooooooooooo good!

Nuraizah@Yong said...

Aku rasa I won't be as good as Rafiq!

And in actual fact, the photos do justice to the food. Mmg sedap la weyyyyy!