Monday, January 4, 2010

Penang Story Part III

Our 3rd day in Penang started off quite late, as hubby stayed up till the wee hours of the morning lepaking with his friends. We were probably the last few people to eat our breakfast at the cafe. Rocky and his family were already there. I took care of Faiq & Aira while hubby chatted with Rocky. Rocky decided to st ay at the hotel and let his children play at the pool while we decided to go to Queensbay Mall just to kill time before checking out. We didn’t go round the entire mall pun, just purchased a few stuffs at F.O.S (macam la kat KL takde..huhu) and let Faiq play at the play area. Hubby said that since we have nothing to rush back to, why not stay in Penang another day, at his friend’s condo in Bukit Jambul. I’m alright with it, as long as his friend doesn’t mind. I also called my grand aunt to inform her that we plan to visit for tea.


We checked out at 12 noon and I think both Rafiq and Rocky was sad that they had to part. However, Rocky said that he plans to come to KL in February so they hope to get together with the rest of the Plain Water Clan.





Agenda for lunch was Nasi Padang at Restoran Nasi Padang International at Lebuh Transfer. We arrived there at about 1.30 p.m. and it was a full house. In the end, we had to settle for a small table for 3, facing the wall. Hubby took all the food, I am sorry to say that I honestly don’t know what they dishes were called, but they all tasted great. After lunch, we decided to drive along Penang town. Hubby drove along my mom’s primary school, Jones Road (my great grandfather’s house where my mom used to stay ~ but the house was long torn down to make way for current development) and I took the opportunity to take pictures of the old buildings around Penang town.





















We made a stop at the kuih stalls near the General Hospital before making our way to Tok Icah’s house in Jalan Kebun Bunga. Tok Icah is my grandmother’s youngest sister, and she lives there with her son, Uncle Ashgar. Tok Icah was alone when we arrived as Uncle Ashgar was working. Even though we are not close, there was no awkward moment because Tok Icah is so friendly and funny. She even made juih kosui for us. Faiq slept throughout our visit and we woke him up at 5.00 p.m., telling him to change into his beach attire.






p/s: ada strip tease..heheh!

We went to Miami Beach, which was situated between Tanjung Bungah and Batu Ferringhi. We spent about 1 hour there. Hubby and Faiq took the dip, while I sat with the sleeping Aira. After that, we made a stop at Hard Rock CafĂ© again for t-shirts before going to Pau’s condo.









We had a nasi lemak dinner at Pau’s house. Faiq and Pau’s children clicked immediately and I got acquainted with Pau’s wife, Sairah. We had to stop the children from playing at 11 p.m. because both Pau & Sairah were working the next day. Hubby and Pau went out for Kuey Teow Gagak at Bayan Baru and I asked him to tapau for me. I don’t think a visit to Penang would be complete without having Kuey Teow Gagak!






-END OF PART III-

No comments: