Saturday, June 13, 2009

Of Pot-luck Tea, Melaka Trip and Latest Addition to the Family



This is a belated post of last week's event.




Last Saturday Rafiq went to Kuantan to participate in Xterra. Alhamdulillah, after 5 hours of battling with sea, jelly fish bites, rain, sand, hills etc, he managed to complete the race. I am so proud of him.


Kuantan Xterra conquered!

I left home at about 2.30 p.m. for my pot-luck tea with the usual suspects, Sha & Homey. The last time we met was when they came to visit Aira in February. We decided to meet before Sha gives birth to her second child next month. I brought pasta. Chatted with Sha and her mom while waiting for Homey, who was still baking her apple pie when I called her at 3.15 p.m (she is forgiven for being late bcoz her pie was delicious!!) Faiq played with Zara while we catched up. The highlight of the conversation was the completion of Homey's home and her renovation plans. We left Sha's house at about 5.30 p.m. because Aira was getting cranky (she had a fever) and Homey had to go for her swimming lessons. As always, it was good to meet up and catch up. We'll probably meet again to visit Sha after her delivery. That night my sister and I went to O.U to buy Faiq's swimming attire.


On Sunday at about 12, we left for Melaka as I had a workshop to attend at A Famosa Resort. My sister, Amy came along to be an extra baby sitter. As I will be busy attending the workshop, I won't be able to bring Faiq to the swimming pool and he would probably drive my maid up the wall if he is stuck in the room 24-7. Luckily Amy was available. Anyway..going back to my Melaka trip. Actually we had to go back to my house first (I spent the nite in D.U) coz this bimbo had forgotten her toileteries bag. So we actually left for Melaka at about 2 p.m. Went to send aunty Leela at her house in Bukit Beruang first. Had lunch and proceeded to the resort. There was traffic from Ayer Keroh all the way to the toll plaza so a supposedly 1/2 drive ended up being almost an hour. We reached the resort at about 6 p.m. The program for my workshop started at 8.30 p.m/ 8.30 a.m and ends at 10.30 p.m. It was very compact and tiring for me because Amy dared not drive Rafiq's car (which is a manual) so I had to go out to buy breakfast, lunch and dinner for them. But Faiq had fun so I was glad even though ada sedikit terkilan coz I didn't get to spend time with them. And I have to thank Amy for being the extra helping hand and making time to take care of my children. I really appreciate it as I don't think I can manage without her! ! Love you sis..MUAHHHHSSS!



Settling down


Splish-splash!






Fish feeding time



Thank you Mak Teh





Bubbye A Famosa Resort


My workshop ended at 1 p.m.on Tuesday. Anyhow, at about 11.30 a.m., I received a text message from my younger brother informing that my sister in-law had delivered. He EDD was 06.06.09 and I remembered telling her earlier not to deliver whilst I was in the course in Bangi (from 2-4 June) and during the workshop. So I supposed the baby waited...hehehe. It was good also that she delivered that day as her daughter had a nice birthdate, 09.06.09. We left the resort at about 1.30 p.m., picked up aunty Leela and left for KL at about 4 p.m. We reached QHC Medical Centre at about 6 p.m., to celebrate the latest addition to our family. At the moment, the baby looks like her father and one of my cousins.

Newborn niece...



..and her cousins :o)


After the hospital visit, I went to D.U to send Amy and aunty Leela and left for home sweet home after Maghrib.

THE END!

No comments: