Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Basi Singapore Story - Part I

I woke up on Saturday (20/6/2009) and planned what I was supposed to do because I missed going to the money changer on Friday. So I had to juggle between going to the money changer and packing for 3 people before 12.30 noon. I think I lost a lot of time because I was searching for a money changer around Taman Connaught but couldn't find it so I had to go all the way to Kajang.

We left the house as planned and as I reached the airport, I wore a face mask. Apparently I was the only person wearing it which surprised me because I would've thought people would be scared of the locally transmitted AH1N1 case but apparently not. Call me OTT but although the disease have yet to have an impact like SARS but I have a 4 year old and a 5 months old baby so sue me for being scared! At first I wanted to take it off when I got funny stares but I decided not to care. Later I saw a few other people wearing the face mask so I don't feel so kiasu. But out of all the passengers travelling to Singapore, I think there were only 5 people including myself who wore face masks.

Anyways, the Malaysian delegates travelling that day were the 3 of us. Another delegate, Dr. H will be joining us the next day. As there was no delay, we reached Singapore at 4.35 p.m. My boss and I checked in at Pan Pacific. We rested for a while, window shopped at Marina Square (Charles & Keith boutique spotted) and going for dinner. My boss suggested a restaurant which is well known for its sup tulang. Honestly, I have never had sup tulang eaten with a straw before so it was a new experience for me.

After dinner we headed to Takashimaya at Orchard Road. There was a traffic as it was Saturday night. I was looking for shoes but ended up buying clothes for Faiq and Aira. The next destination after Takashimaya was Hard Rock Cafe, to buy Rafiq's t-shirt. We got back at the hotel at about 10.45 p.m. and eventhough I was tired, I couldn't sleep because I had Nescafe Ice during dinner. I only slept at about 2 a.m. after watching John Q.

No comments: