Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Basi Singapore Story - Part II

Woke up at 7 a.m. and enjoyed the sunrise from my room. Got ready for breakfast. Walked up to Suntec City Mall and had murtabak at Food Republic food court. Our registration will only start at 1.30 p.m. so we decided to walk around the mall. Unfortunately the shops only opened at 11 a.m. so we practically just walked around until the shops opened. We only managed to check out a few stuffs before returning to the hotel as registration for the meeting starts at 1.30 p.m.
Good morning Singapore!! Can you spot the Merlion??

Breakfast at Food Republic, Suntec City Mall


It was my first time attending a Senior Officials Meeting so I was looking forward to it. Many member countries were absent, thus only 9 member countries attended including the host country, Singapore. There were paper presentations by 6 countries, followed by discussion on the Ministers' Forum's agenda and deliberation on the Ministers' Declaration. My dad was right when he said that I should take the opportunity to attend such meetings. The meeting ended at about 5 p.m. We returned to our hotel and resumed back at Mandarin Oriental for the welcoming dinner. We exchanged views on water management/issues in our own country, listening with fascination to the experiences of Japan and Singapore.

SOM

With my boss

After dinner, we headed to Bugis Street for souvenirs and Takashimaya for the bosses retail therapy. That night I slept late again, kept on switching channels until I felt sleepy. Must be the cappucino..





No comments: