Friday, November 26, 2010

Goodbye

Tomorrow my maid, Cicin, will be going back to her hometown for good.

Having sent back two previous maids before, I was praying to get a good one as I was 7 months pregnant at that time. Rafiq and I instantly had a good vibe about her when she got along with Faiq the first time they met.

She knows her chores without being asked to do so, she took notes when my mother taught her how to cook during my pantang, she never "berkira" when she is at my parents or in-laws house, always lending a hand irregardless of whose child she had to attend to.

She takes care of Syamima like her own child, and Syamima dotes on her.

Tomorrow at 1.30 p.m. she will be leaving us. As I checked her bag, I got sad when I saw her constantly hugging and kissing Syamima. We then apologised to each other and I thanked her for taking care of our household for the past two years. I do hope that she will come back and work with us.

I wonder how Syamima will take her absence. As of now, she is slightly feverish.

I hope the person who replaces her will be as good as her.

Goodbye Cicin. You'll be dearly missed!




No comments: