Saturday, November 20, 2010

Diwali Weekend

I (supposedly) took leave on Diwali weekend as I had booked a 3-room apartment at Permaisuri Resort PD. However, because I had some work to complete before going off for my 6 weeks QA course in INTAN, I went to the office anyways. The plan was to leave by 12 noon but I ended up having to do work and left at 2 p.m.

Since Rafiq was working, I drove with Cicin and the kids. I left AD at 3 p.m., booked the tennis court at Bandar Tun Razak Sports Complex, set up the Garmin and was all set to go. After some major bimbo moments, I ended up passing the Sungai Besi toll at about 4.30 p.m. (I'm not so keen to share what the bimbo moments were).

We arrived at Permaisuri Resort at about 5.45 p.m. Permaisuri Resort is situated near the army camp and is a fairly new place. It has a huge pool and a private beach. I was very satisfied.




We checked-in and got ready to go to the pool. Since we arrived late, we only managed to spend about an hour there. Oh well, esok masih ada. We got ready for dinner and waited for Rafiq. Rafiq actually came by an express bus and took a cab from Seremban to PD. When he had arrived and freshened up, we left for Pasir Panjang for a seafood dinner. There, I had the best assam pedas EVER! It was so thick with the correct amount of spicyness..gosh, my mouth waters as I'm typing. The only drawback was the service which was very slow. Other than that, the food was decent. We watched tv for a while before calling it a day.


The following day, we spent the morning at the beach and the pool. We even bumped into our family doctor there. What a small world!! We checked out at 12 noon and made our way to aunty Leela's house in Melaka. Rafiq decided to take the kampung and toll-less route to Melaka so we got to see the beautiful tile stairs which is the highlight of the kampung houses in Melaka. We arrived at about 1.30 p.m., ate the Diwali delicacies prepared by aunty Leela and left at about 3.30 p.m.






On our way back, we saw a recently occured accident, involving a Rexton. I think the driver must've been driving fast. Luckily there were no fatalities. The victims were in their Diwali attires and it was sad to see a pregnant woman and a shaken toddler by the road side. The traffic was good and we arrived at DU at about 5.45 p.m. and left for home after Isya'. We were all dead tired but we sure had loads of fun!

2 comments:

ja amran said...

lama betul korang ngan aunty leela ni...

Nuraizah@Yong said...

Anak-anak kitaorang pun dah macam cucu-cucu dia