Saturday, September 11, 2010

Hospital Visit

My Pak Long was admitted to Kajang Hospital yesterday. I don't know what is the exact cause but it has got something to do with his leg. According to my cousin, he and my Mak Long was taken to the hospital in an ambulance after Maghrib yesterday. Apparently he was only warded at 4 a.m. today. To be 78 and having to wait that long must be torturous. My Mak Long wasn't warded and was referred to another clinic as she had respiratory problems.

This afternoon, Rafiq and I went to visit him. My cousin, Kak Yati and her children were there too. He didn't know who we were. He looked so old and frail on the hospital bed.

We were there for about an hour. I almost cried when he insisted on taking his own lunch. And when he realised that he couldn't, he asked his daughter, "Yati suapkan Bapak boleh?" It was so sad. And another sad moment was as we were leaving, he wanted to change his clothes, thinking that he could follow us back.


Get well soon, Pak Long. I will pray for your speed recovery.


1 comment:

Ana Malek said...

Al Fatihah to Arwah.
Sedihnya Yong...