Friday, July 15, 2011

All Is Well

My appointment for medical check-up at Klinik Kesihatan Putrajaya was today. Everyone told me that it'll take half a day to do the blood/urine test, X-ray and eyesight test. I was hoping that it'll end early so I could watch the first Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 show at Alamanda.

Suffice to say, I made it in time. I have been reading Jan, Liza and Zalia's tweet about it and I honestly was bracing myself to watch this final epic. The end of a journey. It ends here. After 10 years, there'll be no more Harry Potter movies.

Of course I read the book and I know how it ends. But it's hard to explain the emotional attachment I have towards it as a fan. I cried buckets at all the expected scenes. And when the movie ended, I cried because I felt like I was saying goodbye to an old friend. A friend you've had for 10 years. A friend you'll never see again. It was the same feeling I had when I read the last line of the book. If I'm feeling all this, imagine what the casts must have felt. I think I will cry again when I see the "Behind The Scene" shows.

I'm really happy with the movie. I'm glad it ended how it did. KUDOS to David Yates, J.K. Rowling and the others for being such talented directors of the Harry Potter installments, evoking such emotions within me and other viewers.


And thank you Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley (I want to mention everyone but I don't think that is possible), for the 10 wonderful, beautiful, fun and magical years which we looked forward to with much anticipation. I don't think I'll ever feel this way about another book/movie ever again.

It all ends here. All is well.


No comments: